Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

March 2012 trading thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by KJF View Post
    Hi TJ...Hmmm...I'll go w/flattish...2.30/2.29R....2.25/2.23S....I can't defend these #s w/any Fib or trend lines....just my 'eyeball' guessing.....

    ....I don't think that $2 lvl will be tested until more #s come in that will all but confirm that 1st injection report....

    ..what I would really like to see is a nice 1-2% trading range leading up to next wk & the following wk's report.....
    Next week is bearish unless production cut news....
    Early withdrawal estimates for next week's EIA report range
    from 35 bcf to 72 bcf versus last year's adjusted drop of 60 bcf
    and the five-year average decline for that week of 79 bcf.

    Comment


    • jumping as we speak, why? shorts

      Comment


      • Originally posted by KJF View Post
        ...& buy 1 U @ 3.13/2.244?J...little gap closed...still looking for 2.26/2.27...hold 2U/2D

        Dom...if you are dropping by 2day, would really appreciate your opinion...chart & otherwise...
        ...& sell 1 U @ mkt3.21/2.273?J...+2.6%dtrade(3.13)...sell off or rally into pit close??....hold 1U/2D

        Comment


        • Originally posted by KJF View Post
          ...& sell 1 U @ mkt3.21/2.273?J...+2.6%dtrade(3.13)...sell off or rally into pit close??....hold 1U/2D
          ..& this shop is 'Closed' for the day..desk looks like it took a direct hit from a Tsunami!!...but leaving w/a!!

          ..am sitting (IMO) in quite a comfortable position...am still bearish biased but am hedged JIC a bull breaks out...no trading profit from 2day being taken out..all went toward lowering acb & will dcide on that as the trading day
          unfolds going forward....it just might be prudent to carry a bit of a hedge & continue to lower the acb w/trading...

          ..& 2morrow, HNx starts trading 50/50 J/K...we'll see if the Horizon's Money Mechanics can blend in some of that 10cent contango on D (..but, since it's Fri, they may delay that rebalance until pit close)

          ...holding 1 U @ ave 2.96/2 D (1 core @ 12.42/1 K trader @ ave 26.03)/2ca$h-3margin avail

          Comment


          • well it aint exactly slowing down... yup all $ given up to lower acb... still don't think they can burn it all off and yup the Contango helps.

            mbe shutin bs in the wind or Pgen, still cant burn it all.

            Comment


            • So I went into the report holding 1 U / 2 D

              VTSO HND sell on both positions triggered at $32, lagged and did not execute till $32.54; A cool 3% on 2 positions HND.
              My HNU stop did not execute till $3.25, bought back 1@3.19, another at $3.16, ACB $3.175 (nothing wrong with 3.6% cost improvement. Total net for the report was 4.6%. Bought HND on stop at $32.7, (bad fill on spike).
              I see I chose a good point to bias bullish. Too bad I got a bad fill on HND.
              Nice to see a lot of guys in the money today!
              Options - A good way to not get your head ripped off ;-)

              Comment


              • Originally posted by nofo View Post
                Good call!!! thanks, this is better than scoping for chicks, with more $, I should be able to be more selective on that front...
                ....
                LOL.
                Thanks for laugh, funniest post in a while.
                Options - A good way to not get your head ripped off ;-)

                Comment


                • Originally posted by nofo View Post
                  well it aint exactly slowing down... yup all $ given up to lower acb... still don't think they can burn it all off and yup the Contango helps.

                  mbe shutin bs in the wind or Pgen, still cant burn it all.
                  Hi nofo....one of these days I'm going to have my cousin Vinnie pay a little visit to those Electronic Trading Cowboys & have a little 'chat' w/them...F*****s!!...positive side is that they are getting that 2.30 out of the way...

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by swingtrader View Post
                    LOL.
                    Thanks for laugh, funniest post in a while.
                    Welll with that little eod rundown in hnd I may be dating the palm sisters this wkend rather than a supermodel.

                    Comment


                    • goddammit TD, I got in HNU at 3.12, and got stopped at 3.13. & then my other original order still filled at 3.19. Essentially I'm short 4k U shares at 3.19 in my RSP. This thing better not run up tomorrow.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by op1kenobi View Post
                        goddammit TD, I got in HNU at 3.12, and got stopped at 3.13. & then my other original order still filled at 3.19. Essentially I'm short 4k U shares at 3.19 in my RSP. This thing better not run up tomorrow.
                        follow the trading range in out bear bull bear bull... as long as it trades in range you can do it all day long, After KJ laughed at me for trading in geo political holdings, I got it and it has worked very well. Minimal holdings over night... u shd be good on an hnu sell and cheap hnd buy tomorrow, ...

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by nofo View Post
                          follow the trading range in out bear bull bear bull... as long as it trades in range you can do it all day long, After KJ laughed at me for trading in geo political holdings, I got it and it has worked very well. Minimal holdings over night... u shd be good on an hnu sell and cheap hnd buy tomorrow, ...
                          small bounce suggests that perhaps we are getting ready to see $2.60.....
                          http://www.fxempire.com/technical/te...ical-analysis/

                          Comment


                          • As someone currently net short, it was nice to get up and see $32.7342 set as today's pre-market price by horizon as the NAV per HND unit. KJF, etc., I presume they calculate NAVs using yesterday's pit close as opposed to NG prices at the time of yesterday's stock market close (i.e., the last traded prices of HNx for the day)? If someone could shed some light on this, I'd appreciate it.

                            link to NAV/unit levels: http://www.horizonsetfs.com/pub/en/ETFs.aspx

                            Comment


                            • It is off the TSX close at 4pm EST.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by TomJoseph View Post
                                small bounce suggests that perhaps we are getting ready to see $2.60.....
                                http://www.fxempire.com/technical/te...ical-analysis/
                                Good Morning TJ...have you been following these guys (fxempire) for awhile?...are they credible?....I've seen them b4 but just haven't taken the time to watch them ....

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X