Natural Gas Commitment of Traders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

visual of 2010 onwards

edit: keep in mind this is just the front month price in gas; contango in all its glory included.

Comment

Yes, I was going by this:

Comment

One thing worth noting is NYMEX volume was 2.2M last week. The highest in 8 months!

Comment

my chart above (a bit outdated) is basically the same thing, except the yellow line represents price

Comment

http://graphics.thomsonreuters.com/11/02/cftc.html

Comment

Nymex NatGas open interest as of 2/14/12 showed a decrease of net shorts by 5,364 to -85,293. The disaggregated report shows money managers continue to reduce short positions. MM net short decreased by 7,137 to -2,184. Funds are nearly flat again.

Comment

Cftc- natural gas speculators in four major nymex, ice markets raise net long position by 3,395 contracts to 83,155 in week to february 21

Comment

per my calc:
                  Nymex NatGas open interest as of 2/21/12 showed an increase of net shorts by 3,879 to -89,172. The disaggregated report shows money managers continue to reduce short positions. MM net short decreased by 2,092 to -93. Funds are flat.

Comment

just curious at your confidence level in how the 'shorts' and 'longs' and MM are classified in the open interest reports. I have never paid any attention to them because I know of funds who basically just trade being classified as end users or commercials in the past and once I saw that I had no confidence in that data. It told me nothing.

Originally posted by cqg_trader View Post
                    per my calc:
                    Nymex NatGas open interest as of 2/21/12 showed an increase of net shorts by 3,879 to -89,172. The disaggregated report shows money managers continue to reduce short positions. MM net short decreased by 2,092 to -93. Funds are flat.

Comment

Nymex NatGas open interest as of 2/28/12 showed a decrease of net shorts by 15,633 to -73,540. The disaggregated report shows money managers are now a net long of 2,269 after buying 2,362 contracts last week.

Comment

CQ, thanks for your informative posts, in the past you guys left and I don't blame any of you, the reasons were justified. Just nice to have you back and helping us guys out.

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by cqg_trader View Post
                          Nymex NatGas open interest as of 2/28/12 showed a decrease of net shorts by 15,633 to -73,540. The disaggregated report shows money managers are now a net long of 2,269 after buying 2,362 contracts last week.
                          Net shorts went down and the price of NG went down. I guess they unravelled these positions in an orderly manner ?

Comment

per Reuters: NATURAL GAS SPECULATORS IN FOUR MAJOR NYMEX, ICE MARKETS RAISE NET LONG POSITION BY 3,309 CONTRACTS TO 17,713 IN WEEK TO MARCH 20

Comment

If I never hear about the COT report ever again, it will be too soon.

Comment

Yes, I find the COT report to be very deceiving. Most of the large specs are hiding in the commercial category due to loop-holes in their brokerage acct applications.

Comment

Working...
                                X